Posts Tagged prize
Hacking on the Echo Nest at Boston Music Hack Day
Posted by Paul in code, events, fun, The Echo Nest on October 13, 2010
If you are going to the Music Hack Day Boston this weekend, you may want to consider creating an hack based on the Echo Nest APIs. The Echo Nest is offering a prize for the best hack that is built based upon Echo Nest technology. The prize is the much coveted Echo Nest Sweatsedo. The softness, the coolness and the ‘blueness’ of this casual attire is unsurpassed by the clothing offered by any other music technology company. However, we realize that not everyone can wear the sweatsedo with proper style. For those, who are not cool enough to wear the Echo Nest sweatsedo, they can opt for the alternate prize of $1,000 cash. So your choice is for a prize is a Kind of Blue, or a Kind of Green.
But, wait! There’s more. Since we are unveiling two new APIs at Music Hack Day weekend, we are going to offer not one, but two prizes, one to each of the two best hacks that use the Echo Nest APIs. If you create one of the two best hacks that use the Echo Nest, you will get to chose from the ‘Kind of Blue’ or the ‘Kind of Green’ prize. So get hacking!
What is the longest path though Six Degrees of Black Sabbath?
Posted by Paul in events, fun, Music, The Echo Nest on May 25, 2010
[tweetmeme source= ‘plamere’ only_single=false] @meekles tweeted yesterday that he had found a 25 step path through Six Degrees of Black Sabbath and challenged anyone to find a longer path that his Path from Arthur to Eivind Fjoseide.
To sweeten the challenge, I’ll offer a prize of a coveted Echo Nest Tee Shirt for each new longest path found. Here are the rules:
- When you find a path that you think is longer than any found so far, tweet the path with its length and the hashtags #6dobs and #longest. For example: I made a 25 step path from arthur to Eivind Fjoseide #6dobs #longest http://bit.ly/9DANCk
- No skipping allowed in longest paths
- Only one tee-shirt given per milestone – so if 5 people find a 27 step path, only the first who finds it gets the tee-shirt
- Only one tee-shirt per person
- You are not eligible if you work for the Echo Nest, or if your name is Kurt Jacobson
Have fun finding those paths!
Update: Great work finding paths of at least 40 artists long. Tee-shirt give away ends tonight (May 25) at midnight EDT!