I wrote a quick demo that shows how to create a web app that fetches the starred items for a Spotify user via the nifty new Spotify Web API. The demo will first solicit permission from the user, and if the user grants such permissions, the app will then retrieved the starred list and show the tracks in a simple list.
Welcome to Music Machinery - the blog about the interface of music and technology written by Paul Lamere.
- The Infinite Jukebox
- Exploring age-specific preferences in listening
- Music APIs
- Gender Specific Listening
- Boil The Frog
- Loudest songs in the world
- Exploring regional listening preferences
- Music Popcorn - A visualization of the music genre space
- moot wins, Time Inc. loses
- Have artist names been getting longer?
- generative music
- music hack day
- music information retrieval
- The Echo Nest
- web services
- zero ui