At the JavaOne keynote this morning, James Gosling and Jonathan Schwartz gave a demo of the new Java App store in front of 20,000 Java developers. The Java App store is new online store for Java apps. It’s just like the iPhone App store for Java. Oh .. and it has about a billion potential shoppers. One of the very first apps in the store (and as far as I can tell, the only music app) is an application called Music Explorer FX. This is a soon to be released Java FX application designed to help you explore the world of music. I’ve had the opportunity to play with the Music Explorer – it is really quite cool. (and it makes heavy use of the Echo Nest API, which makes it doubly cool). The developer of the application, Sten Anderson has written a teaser about the app on his blog. As he says, stay tuned for to find out when the app will be available.
Welcome to Music Machinery - the blog about the interface of music and technology written by Paul Lamere.
- The Autocanonizer
- Exploring age-specific preferences in listening
- Music APIs
- Gender Specific Listening
- The Infinite Jukebox
- Know your genre
- Loudest songs in the world
- Visualizing the Structure of Pop Music
- Music Popcorn - A visualization of the music genre space
- What is the most musical city in the United States?
- music hack day
- music information retrieval
- The Echo Nest
- web services
- zero ui