Posts Tagged awards
The Music App Summit
Posted by Paul in events, Music, startup, The Echo Nest on July 23, 2010
Billboard has long been known for tracking the hottest artists, albums and songs. Now they are moving into new territory – Music Apps. In October Billboard is hosting a Music App Summit – a day focused on the world of mobile music apps. The summit will focus on new companies and technologies that are now building the next generation of music applications for mobile devices. The summit has some awesome speakers and panelist lined up from a cross section of domains (technology, business and music) like Ge Wang, Ted Cohen, Dave Kusek, Brian Zisk and The Echo Nest’s CEO Jim Lucchese.
At the core of the summit are Billboard’s first ever Music App Awards. Billboard is giving awards to the best apps in a number of categories:
- Best Artist-based App: Apps created specifically for an individual artist
- Best Music Streaming App: Apps that allow users to stream, download or otherwise enjoy music, such as Internet radio or on-demand.
- Best Music Engagement App: Apps that lets users engage in music in various ways, such as music games, music ID services, etc.
- Best Music Creation App: App that lets users make their own music.
- Best Branded App: App that best incorporates a sponsor with music capabilities to promote both the sponsor’s message and highlight the music
- Best Touring App: App created in conjunction with a specific tour or festival
Judges for the apps include Eliot Van Buskirk of Wired, Ian Rogers of Top Spin and Grammy Award winner MC Hammer.
Winning developers receive some modest prizes – but the real award is getting to demo your app to the attendees of the summit – the movers and shakers of the music industry will be there looking for that killer music app – the winner in each of the app categories will get to show their stuff. If you have a mobile music app consider submitting it to the Music App Awards. The submission deadline is July 30.