Researchers at CMU’s machine learning department had a rally at the G20 to make sure that the world understood the issues and problems that data miners face daily. See the photos. Read more at Mary McGlohon’s Dataphile blog. Photos by Arthur Gretton
Some more suggestions for signs:
- End G20’s unsupervised learning
- Don’t be Naive
- Fix the hyperplane before we go non-linear
- You can’t predict my label
- G20 is nothing but a hyperbolic tangent
- This is our manifold destiny!
- Bring back arrested development!
- Tea Baggers and Boosters unite!
#1 by brian on September 27, 2009 - 10:19 am
I am imagining Paul up at 5:30a giggling to himself while inventing all these … jokes.
I do like the “Map Reduce, Map Reuse, Map Recycle” one and of course “Ban Genetic Algorithms.” I can definitely anneal towards that one.
#2 by zazi on September 29, 2009 - 11:40 am
I like “Safer Data Mining”. Cool G20 protest ;)