This January IRCAM and Mozilla will be hosting the 1st Web Audio Conference in Paris France. From the conference page:
The WAC is the first international conference on web audio technologies and applications.
The conference welcomes web R&D developers, audio processing scientists, application designers and people involved in web standards.
Contributions to the first edition of WAC are encouraged in, but not limited to, the following topics:
- Innovative audio and music based web applications (with social and user experience aspects)
- Client-side audio processing (real-time or non real-time)
- Audio data and metadata formats and network delivery
- Server-side audio processing and client access
- Client-side audio engine and rendering
- Frameworks for audio manipulation
- Web Audio API design and implementation
- Client-side audio visualization
- Multimedia integration
- Web standards and use of standards within audio based web projects
- Hardware, tangible interface and use of Web Audio API
This is the first Call For Papers that I’ve seen that, in addition to a paper and poster track, also has a Gig submission track. Yes, you can propose a 20 minute gig. Accepted gigs will be presented in the conference concert. I’m thinking of a combined Infinite Jukebox + Ellie Goulding visualization – 20 minutes of flying cubes will show ’em.
The submission deadline is October 10. Time to dust off my Latex skills.