Perhaps one of the most frequently asked questions about Tristan’s Swinger is whether it can be used to ‘Un-swing’ a song. Can you take a song that already swings and straighten it out? Indeed, the answer is yes – we can swing both ways – but it is harder to unswing than it is to swing. Ammon on Happy Blog, the Happy Blog has given de-swinging a go with some success with his de-swinging of Revolution #1. Read his post and have a listen at Taking the swing out of songs. I can’t wait for the day when we can turn on the TV to watch and listen to MTV-Unswung.
Welcome to Music Machinery - the blog about the interface of music and technology written by Paul Lamere.
- The Infinite Jukebox
- Gender Specific Listening
- Loudest songs in the world
- Boil The Frog
- Exploring age-specific preferences in listening
- Music APIs
- Exploring regional listening preferences
- What is the most musical city in the United States?
- Waltzify - turn any 4/4 song into a waltz with Echo Nest remix
- Music Popcorn - A visualization of the music genre space
- generative music
- music hack day
- music information retrieval
- The Echo Nest
- web services
- zero ui