In response to yesterday’s update of the SXSW list of showcase bands, I’ve pushed out a new revision of the SXSW Artist Catalog, that highlights the 500 most recent additions. New bands include The Decemberists, Razorlight, Third Eye Blind and Bowling for Soup. There are going to be a lot of good bands at the festival.
Welcome to Music Machinery - the blog about the interface of music and technology written by Paul Lamere.
- Exploring regional listening preferences
- The Echo Nest Is Joining Spotify: What It Means To Me, and To Developers
- Favorite Artists vs Distinctive Artists by State
- Exploring age-specific preferences in listening
- Gender Specific Listening
- The Infinite Jukebox
- Anti-preferences in regional listening
- Know your genre
- Music APIs
- How good is Google's Instant Mix?