I wrote a quick demo that shows how to create a web app that fetches the starred items for a Spotify user via the nifty new Spotify Web API. The demo will first solicit permission from the user, and if the user grants such permissions, the app will then retrieved the starred list and show the tracks in a simple list.
Welcome to Music Machinery - the blog about the interface of music and technology written by Paul Lamere.
- Exploring age-specific preferences in listening
- Music APIs
- The Infinite Jukebox
- The Logos of Music 2.0 vs Logos of Music APIs 2013
- Know your genre
- Gender Specific Listening
- Exploring regional listening preferences
- Visualizing the Structure of Pop Music
- The Loudness War Analyzed
- More on "Where's the Drama?"
- music hack day
- music information retrieval
- The Echo Nest
- web services
- zero ui