My favorite hack to come out of last week’s Music Hack Day London (and perhaps one of my favorite music hack of all time) is the hack by Iain Mullan called “Johnny Cash Has Been EVERYWHERE (Man)!“. This hack has all the ingredients of a great music hack – great music, great execution, a bucket full of whimsy, and absolutely nothing about it that would make an MBA start writing a business plan. It’s practically a perfect hack. The only flaw is that Johnny Cash would never measure his distance travelled in kilometers. Check it out: Johnny Cash Has Been EVERYWHERE (Man)!“.
Welcome to Music Machinery - the blog about the interface of music and technology written by Paul Lamere.
- Exploring regional listening preferences
- Favorite Artists vs Distinctive Artists by State
- The Infinite Jukebox
- Music APIs
- The Logos of Music 2.0 vs Logos of Music APIs 2013
- Exploring age-specific preferences in listening
- moot wins, Time Inc. loses
- Inside the precision hack
- Know your genre
- Gender Specific Listening