Notes from the ISMIR business meeting – this is a meeting with the board of ISMIR.
- President: J. Stephen Downie, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, USA
- Treasurer: George Tzanetakis, University of Victoria, Canada
- Secretary: Jin Ha Lee, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, USA
- President-elect: Tim Crawford, Goldsmiths College, University of London, UK
- Member-at-large: Doug Eck, University of Montreal, Canada
- Member-at-large: Masataka Goto, National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology, Japan
- Member-at-large: Meinard Mueller, Max-Planck-Institut für Informatik, Germany
Stephen reviewed the roles of the various officers and duties of the various committees. He reminded us that one does not need to be on the board to serve on a subcommittee.
- website redesign
- Other communities hardly know about ISMIR. Want to help other communities be aware of our research. One way is to make more links to other communities. Entering committees in other communities.
Hosting Issue – will formalize documentation, location planning, site selection.
Name change? There was a nifty debate around the meaning of ISMIR. There was a proposal to change it to ‘International Society for Music Informatics Research’. I recommend, given Doug’s comments about Youtube from this morning that we change the name to: ‘ International Society for Movie Informatics Research’
Review Process: Good discussion about the review process – we want paper bidding and double-blind reviews. Helps avoid gender bias:
Doug snuck in the secret word ‘youtube’ too, just for those hanging out on IRC.