Perhaps one of the most frequently asked questions about Tristan’s Swinger is whether it can be used to ‘Un-swing’ a song. Can you take a song that already swings and straighten it out? Indeed, the answer is yes – we can swing both ways – but it is harder to unswing than it is to swing. Ammon on Happy Blog, the Happy Blog has given de-swinging a go with some success with his de-swinging of Revolution #1. Read his post and have a listen at Taking the swing out of songs. I can’t wait for the day when we can turn on the TV to watch and listen to MTV-Unswung.
Welcome to Music Machinery - the blog about the interface of music and technology written by Paul Lamere.
- Exploring regional listening preferences
- Favorite Artists vs Distinctive Artists by State
- The Infinite Jukebox
- Music APIs
- Exploring age-specific preferences in listening
- The Logos of Music 2.0 vs Logos of Music APIs 2013
- moot wins, Time Inc. loses
- Know your genre
- Inside the precision hack
- How good is Google's Instant Mix?