Here are the slides for the panel “Help! My iPod thinks I’m emo.” that Anthony Volodkin (from The Hype Machine) and I gave at SXSW on music recommendation:
Welcome to Music Machinery - the blog about the interface of music and technology written by Paul Lamere.
- Exploring regional listening preferences
- Favorite Artists vs Distinctive Artists by State
- The Echo Nest Is Joining Spotify: What It Means To Me, and To Developers
- Exploring age-specific preferences in listening
- Gender Specific Listening
- The Infinite Jukebox
- Know your genre
- Anti-preferences in regional listening
- Music APIs
- How good is Google's Instant Mix?